500 X Hi Co Magnetic Stripe cards
What is a Magnetic Stripe Card? A magnetic stripe card is a type of card capable of storing data by modifying...
- Brand: PAC Supplies USA
- Product Code: HI CO MAGSTRIPE CARD X 500 PACK
- Availability: In Stock
What is a Magnetic Stripe Card?
A magnetic stripe card is a type of card capable of storing data by modifying the magnetism of tiny iron-based magnetic particles on a band of magnetic material on the card. The magnetic stripe, sometimes called swipe card or magstripe, is read by physical contact and swiping past a magnetic reading head.1
What Damages a Magnetic Stripe Card?
You can run into problems when a mag stripe card has prolonged or constant exposure to any item that may wear down or scratch the stripe - like another plastic card or cell phone that rubs against your card.
With such wear-and-tear conditions over time, the data on your mag stripe card may no longer be read by a card reader machine, including a hotel card key lock. The best way to prevent this kind of damage is to handle your card with care.
- Harder to erase
- Requires a higher amount of magnetic energy to record
- Best for frequently used cards or cards requiring a long life
- Resistant to damage from most magnets users may come into contact with
- Can be read by any card reader
- Card writers are more costly than LoCo recording machines
- HiCo card writers can write both HiCo and LoCo cards
- Commonly used for bank cards, drivers licenses, access control cards, library & membership cards
- For further information and bulk pricing , please email firstname.lastname@example.org